torstai 17. huhtikuuta 2014

Things that have been said:


During my years of ME/CFS I have heard a few things said to me relating to my condition. Here are some of them. 
 
Which do you think are the nicest things / worst things? Please comment :)
 
Nice things :

Ei sinun tarvitsekaan jaksaa. / You are allowed to be tired.
Just be merciful to yourself.
Are you OK to carry on?
Maybe you should get some rest now.
It's Ok, I understand you need to cancel.

 
Not so nice things:

Get a hobby and you’ll be ok.
How lazy can you get?
But you look just fine.(how come you can’t do this or that?).
Can’t you just do it?.. (or this or that)
Pull yourself together.
Maybe if you did some exercise
Come on, at least try to keep up!
Maybe you should move to another country.
I would be depressed too, if I had 30 years of misery ahead of me.
Isn’t it just nice to stay in bed all day long.
You are having such an easy life!
You should be grateful, at least it does not kill you.
Get something new to think about and you’ll be fine.
I don’t know how your family puts up with it (you).
Are you sure you are really ill?
It’s just something in your head..
Oh, I had that 2 months ago.
Oh, I had that 2 months ago, but I shaked it off.
I know exactly how you feel… (I was really tired yesterday)
You should just fight it.
I’m sure you would be ok, if you did not think about it.
Try to focus on positives and you’ll be fine.
We all get tired, it’s no excuse..
If it was me, I would fight it at least.
Let me refer you to a psychiatrist.

1 kommentti: