tiistai 6. toukokuuta 2014

Had a lovely weekend -- now is the payback time...

Last  weekend was a busy one. On Saturday I took part in a "choir" practice and on Sunday we hosted a Finn-Brit gathering in our house, playing games and enjoying yummy food. We had a "nyyttikestit" which means "Bring your own for everyone to share".  My hubby was amazing as he did all the work (I just tidied a bit): shopping, cooking, cleaning, shifting the furniture - and the clearing up afterwards... All I had to do was to enjoy the proceedings and do some hosting. He's pretty amazing!

The Finn-Brit "society" we have in here is amazingly big for such a small place in Finland. At this gathering we had 12 grown-ups and 4 kids squeezed in for fun and giggles. It was really great that everyone managed to make it. And we did have a lot of laughs!! The evening carried on until at midnight I turned into a pumpkin and decided to go to bed (really had to).

Yesterday was a humangous struggle. I had to be at a local gallery at noon to take some of my paintings into a Naivist/Surreal exhibition organised by our local art club. I could hardly stay on my feet and had to ask hubby to come with me to make sure to catch me if I start to fall.  This took about ½ hour. Rest of the day I stayed in bed and also slept for 4-5 hours waking up just before the bedtime. 

I was so exhausted though, that I spend couple of hours in the night throwing up... You know that when you get physically exhausted you start doing that .. like athletes after a truly vigorous training or a race... Which in a way is a ridiculous comparison but on the other hand very accurate, as in both cases you have used up your energy and adrenaline with  the "fight or flight" -reaction takes over making you chuck up.  

Today I have yet not managed to get up or do anything worthwhile - and it doesn't look like I'm going to either.. 

I feel sorry for my family as they always end up bearing the brunt and most of days having a very little of my company (not always a bad thing :) as I am in the land of nod. I would love to spend more time with them and worry about the consequences of the mother not being "present" for both the child and the marriage... So far they still love me, which I am amazed and very grateful for.

ps. Naivist/Surreal exhibition in Studio Sariikka --hint hint

2 kommenttia: